The week dragged on so slowly. On Friday evening, Fred and I were seated at home discussing about how and what time we will go to the funeral the next day.

“So what time is the funeral?” Fred asked.

“It will start at noon. There will be a church service before the body being buried at the grounds.” I replied.

“Very well.” He continued. “Do you think we should go with Chloe?”

“No. I think we can leave her with the nanny.” I said. “The event might be too much for both her and us.”

“Yea, that’s true.”

“My mum will be attending too.” I said.

“That’s nice.”

“We should be out of the house by eleven thirty tomorrow. I can see its 11 miles from here. That may take us about thirty minutes.” He said checking his phone.


I walked to the kitchen and warmed up the food. I had cooked some macaroni and cheese for Chloe as it was her favorite. On the other hand, I had cooked Spanish rice. This is the type of Mexican dish that is made from white rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions and other preferred ingredients. Traditionally, it is made by frying quickly in little hot fat until it is golden brown. Water or chicken broth is added along with the chopped tomatoes or tomato sauce.

We watched two episodes of “The Blacklist” before retiring to bed. As soon as I hit the bed, I was out.

The next morning, I woke up at 8am. Fred was still sleeping. I washed my face then went to the sitting room. I arranged the seats and the toys that were scattered across the room. I proceeded to vacuum the house then wash the toilets. It has been a few days since I did the cleaning around the house.

I gave Chloe a bath then gave her breakfast. I was not sure why she was so fussy. She kept crying so much each time I gave her the cereal. My first thought was she had a tummy ache. I felt it with my palm. It was a bit hot. I went and got my thermometer. I placed it under her armpit but the reading was okay. Was she just acting odd?

“You need to hurry up.” Fred said as he was getting comfy at the seats. “It is almost eleven.”

I looked at the clock. Damn!!

I gave him the baby and went to the bathroom to get a quick shower. I was dressed and ready to go in twenty minutes.

I heard someone knocking the door. I opened the door to see the nanny dressed in a cute maroon dress. Good! I gave her a big hug before Fred and I left.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *