On the Move

After about ten minutes, Ann called.

“Are you done with your business?” I asked jokingly.

“Yes I am. Sorry I took long to call. I had to take care of the kids.” She replied.

“It is okay. How are you doing?”

“I’m well. I was on my way to the daycare to drop the kids off.” She answered. “I have an errand to run in town.”

“Okay. I wanted to just know if you are okay.” I said. “We need to catch up.”

“Yea, no problem.” She replied. “Actually, since I am coming to town, Ill pass by your office when am done.”

“Great. See you then.” I said and hung up the call.

I updated the files I had and started writing a report about it as it was needed by the boss. It took longer than I expected. I finished it almost at 2pm. As soon as I sent the email, I picked my bag and left the office to have lunch and pick up my practicing certificate across town.

I drove out of the parking lot and speed towards the shopping center at the west side. I picked up a sandwich from Subway and a milkshake as I did not have enough time to have a proper meal. Next, I left to the Institute of Human Resources on the other side of town. There was mad traffic!

As I was thinking if I should turn my car and head back to the office, my phone started ringing. It was Fred.

“Hey.” I answered.

“Where are you?” He asked. “I am just from your office and you are not there.”

“I am along Lincoln street. What’s up?”

“Where are you going?”

“I was going to pick up my Practicing Certificate.” I replied. “Is everything okay?”

“No, not really. I got a call that Mike got into an accident of the sort.”

“What?” I screamed.

The cars behind started honking. The cars in front of me had started moving while I was still concentrating on the conversation. I accelerated and moved a few meters before stopping at the other set of lights again.


“Yes Fred, I am still on the line.”

“So can you be able to accompany me to the hospital so that we can see him?” He asked.

“Yes, Ill call you as soon as I get out of the office.”

I arrived at the Institute after like ten minutes. I went to the reception and asked for my certificate. I was asked for my ID and asked to wait in the lobby for a few minutes. Later on, I was handed my 2017 Practicing Certificate in a beautiful blue envelop.

I quickly drove back to the office. I looked at the clock at our reception and noticed that it was already 4pm. I checked my emails quickly in case I had missed anything but thankfully, everything was in order. I let out a big sigh.

I heard a knock on the door. I stood and went to open it. It was Ann.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *