I tossed and turned in bed trying to ignore the urge but I could not do it anymore. So I woke up, picked up my phone and checked the time. It was half past three in the morning. At least I have time to come back and sleep before I wake up. I dragged my body to the bathroom. As soon as I sat on the toilet seat, the urine gushed out. I immediately felt the relief from the pressure that I had. After I was done, I wiped myself and walked back to the bedroom in darkness.
As I was passing where Fred was sleeping, I noticed his phone on the bed stand. It was flashing a blue light on the top most left corner. I bent over, picked it and looked at it. It was a ‘whatsup’ notification. Since he never locks his phone, I immediately opened the chat.
It was from a lady called Grace. Grace? I tried remembering who she might be but I did not get anything. Curiously, I checked the profile picture. I have not seen or met her. This was getting interesting. So I climbed back to bed, covered myself then continued to snoop on the chat. It was a long thread of conversation. I started from the initial contact and was surprised it was the lady who started this. Usual greetings and asking if they could meet over drinks. Fred had not responded. Wierd!
The chats started around three weeks ago. Although it was always the lady sending the messages, Fred did not reply nor stop her from sending more. He always read them but did not reply. At this point, I was not so sure of what to do. I looked over to Fred and he was sleeping so peacefully. I was so mad. I could feel my blood boiling. I decided to screenshot the texts and send them over to my phone. As soon as they were received, I deleted the evidence of the sent chats and returned the phone on his side. I covered myself and tried to go back to sleep. Eventually, sleep came to me.
In the morning, I woke up early, prepared myself and then started making breakfast. All we were having today was cereals and bananas. Soon after, Fred joined me and ate his portion. I managed to hold my anger in although it was really hard. I also did not show that anything was wrong. I would do it in another way.
After we were done, we took his car to work. Mine had refused to start. He dropped me off at the office and he continued to his. I settled in, and made a few calls to the staff that were a bit urgent. After I was done, I went to my whatsup, sent the chats to Fred’s phone and thereafter, wished him a goodnight.
He called immediately he received the chat.
I did not pick the call. I changed the setting to silent and continued to do my work. I cannot explain why I did that but I felt bad. He should have stopped the chats from the lady. Since I am not so good in confrontation, I decided the cold treatment would work. The guilt will kill him.
At around ten, I received a call from the receptionist. I had a visitor. I walked to the lobby only to see Fred standing waiting for me.
“What are you doing here?” I asked leading him out of the office.
“I came to see you. Why are you ignoring my calls?” He asked angrily.
“I think you know why!”
“Is it become of the chats? I never replied anything to that lady!”
“But why did you not tell her to stop?”
“Because….she is my client.” He said putting his hands on his pockets.
“Oh really?”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *