The Move

At the coffee shop, we discussed more about the offer of taking the house Fred’s dad have given us and we both agreed to accept it. So Fred called up his dad and told him about the decision and he was really glad we accepted it.
Now the hard work started. Hiring a moving company took us hours to find since most had already been booked. We finally managed to secure one and it helped us pick our things from the old house. The firemen who were still investigating the fire also helped them carry the heavy items.
The apartment that we had been given was on first floor of the complex. The moving guys finished arranging the stuff at around eight o’clock in the evening and I was too tired to do anything. The apartment that we had been given was spacious and cozy. The finishes were really high end. I was impressed. I loved the kitchen more. It was big and well furnished. It was divided into two with a dining room. For the bedroom, the closets were a plus. For once, my clothes only filled a quarter of the closet. It was so big and mirrors stood on every wall. Since it was ensuite, the door connecting with the bathroom was made up of glass. The bathroom itself was a marvel. The bathtub stood out with its oval shape, the toilet seat one corner and we had two sinks.  
The living room area had a balcony where you could also extend the siting area incase you had visitors. I think I would love this house.
“This house is beautiful.” I exclaimed when we were done paying for the services.
“Yes it is. I had come here when it was still under construction. I am glad that it turned out so well.” Fred replied. “I’m hungry. What do you think we should eat?”
“Chinese food won’t be a bad idea.” I suggested. “What do you think?”
“Nah, I am too hungry today. Let’s order pizza, the large one for that matter.”
I laughed.
“I think we should call your dad and tell him we have succeeded in moving today. He might be worried.” I said looking at my watch.
“Oh yes!” he said waving his hands down. “Let me call him.”
Fred dialed his number and we both talked to him thanking him for the kind gesture.
The pizza guy arrived after about thirty minutes. We had ordered barbequed pizza and we took it with some soda from the fridge. The rest of the night we spent on the couch watching a movie.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *